Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Anniversary card

July 11th marked my two year anniversary with my husband Scott. Now, as supportive of my crafting as he's been, I didn't want to make him a super girly/ultra frilly anniversary card. He's built up quite an impressive supply of camping and survival gear, so with that in mind, I set out to make him as outdoorsy and manly a card as possible. :)

Paper Mermaids got in this fun shipment of camping paper, stamps, and embellies, with my favorite being a set of paper that has nothing but a starry night from corner to corner. I picked up some paper with lots of fun tents on it, as well as some navy corrugated cardboard. I cut the cardboard with the Sizzix Tim Holtz On The Edge "Brackets" die and placed it over the starry night paper. Then I cut out a tent and some trees, applied glossy accents, and used white floss to create a constellation sentiment.

Scott loved his card - and while we didn't go camping, we did enjoy a lovely dinner at The Bay House in Lincoln City. If you'd like a little red carpet treatment, I highly recommend them! The atmosphere, service, and food were so lovely.



Supplies:

Sizzix Tim Holtz On The Edge - Brackets die
Glossy Accents
Corrugated paper

No comments: