Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Project Life 2015 Weeks 1 & 2

Hi there!

Just sharing my Project Life pages from a couple weeks ago. I'm using Graphic 45's Time To Flourish paper line, along with tidbits from some of their other collections. For week 1, I borrowed an image from Come Away With Me. I used a little Place In Time for week 2. :)




If you're new to Project Life, I have some tips that I've learned along the way:

  • Your first 12x12 (or whatever size) can be one of two main things: a "title" page or it can be your first week. A title page (I think) is mainly just pretty papers, possibly journaling (such as New Year's resolutions) and of course some stickers or letters featuring the year. 
  • Pre-make your layouts for the year if it will help you commit to finishing them. Yes, things could change and you may need more page protectors or paper, but that's part of the randomness of life.
  • Don't try so hard to be "perfect." If you stress over your pages much, you won't get anything done! 
  • If you have a lot of photos from one week and a few photos from the following week, it's okay to "even out" your layouts by adding some of last week's photos to your current week's! 
  • Take advantage of two-sided cards or paper as much as you can. This helps keep the cost of supplies down. And, I think it challenges you to be a little more creative. :)
  • Make use of older embellishments to help add dimension to your layouts and not to mention, more free space in your home! 
  • Unless you have a sizeable disposable income, don't print your Instagram photos or any square photos as 4x4's. They cost almost double ($0.29)!! Rather, take screen shots of them but include about 2" on each side, so that you're making a 4x6 screen shot of the photo. It's extra work, but will save you money in the long run. If anyone has a source for decently priced 4x4 prints, let me know! 
  • Finally, if you've pre-made your layouts for the year, keep a 12x12 page protector behind every month filled with paper and any embellishments you'd like to use for that month. 
Well, hope your week has started off wonderfully! I'm off to do some work, then headed to the store to pick up photos for my week 3 layout! 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Lovely! Can you come and do my layouts for me? :)